Recent Projects for Vernal Point Clients
Wealth Strategy Projects
- We worked with the estate and tax professionals of a family to unwind three generations of estate structures that had become cumbersome. In their stead, we built new income tax and estate strategies to allow our client full control of family assets, while eliminating tens of millions of dollars in taxes.
- We designed integrated investment, estate tax, income tax, and charitable giving strategies to simultaneously increase after-tax investment returns, eliminate estate tax, and lower the after-tax cost of charitable giving by over 50% for our client.
- We helped an offshore family build an asset-liability matched, tax-optimized onshore portfolio with significant expected investment alpha.
- We have helped many clients who are general partners or company executives build “completion portfolios” around their concentrated positions and direct investment portfolios, while simultaneously supporting the administration and tax optimization of these held-away assets.
Family Office Structuring
- We built a de novo family office to manage over $300mm in assets, employing structuring and financial modeling to qualify family office and investment expenses to be tax-deductible. Between the tax structuring and efficient allocation of value chain functions across internal and external professionals, we lowered the cost of the family’s wealth management program by 75%.
- For a billionaire offshore family having its first major liquidity event, we sourced and then coordinated legal and tax professionals to design a global structure of entities that allowed tax-optimized pooled investment management across multiple jurisdictions and generations.
- Vernal Point professionals have been involved in the development of over 20 custom-built financial education programs for next generation stewards of wealth.
- We have supported clients through inter-family litigation, settlement negotiations, and settlement implementations collectively exceeding $2 billion.
- We have supported post-nuptial negotiations exceeding $1.2 billion, and have also supported many clients through complex divorces and pre-nuptial negotiations.